We are fortunate to be open to serve the community during this health crisis. Our highest priority is the health and safety of those who visit and work in our restaurant and market.
As an added precaution, WE REQUIRE ALL CUSTOMERS WEAR A FACE MASK for their protection and for our staff. Viks employees have the right to refuse service should customers not comply.
We are following the recommendations set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as our California and county health departments. The precautions we follow for our staff and customers include:
- Maintaining social & physical distance of 6 feet at all times.
- Not touching mouth, nose or eyes.
- Washing hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Wearing gloves and masks as often as possible (masks will be reused until we have a steady supply).
- Not shaking hands with anyone.
- Refraining from gathering at lunch and dinner times.
- If sick, staying home & consulting with a doctor.
- Frequently wiping down handles of shopping baskets & carts, entryway door handles, bathrooms, refrigerators, cashier countertops, garbage stations, customer service counters, and high traffic areas with a bleach mix.
- Wiping down workstation counters with a bleach mix at the end of the lunch and dinner shifts.
- Cleaning the floors with bleach at the end of the day.
- Accepting cashless transactions only. We honor Visa and Mastercard.
- No longer accepting customers’ reusable bags in the market. We request customers leave their bags in the car. We will provide brown paper bags.
- Washing up thoroughly as soon as getting home.
It is also recommended to staff to maintain overall health and refrain from smoking.
We appreciate your support and wish everyone good health during this challenging time.
Stay tuned for further changes as we develop an app from which to order. In the meantime, please call us for take-out or order from Caviar.